Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Kidney Saga part 31

The prednisone is playing Calvinball with my shattered mind.

There were some very odd moments of thinking last night. I had some really derailed trains of thought that did all kinds of things to me. Nightmares. At one point I had to wander to find Inkwell and get a little purr therapy. I don't usually seek him out in the middle of the night, but last night I had to.

Dr. Inkwell has been a good cat over the last few days, keeping a close eye on me, particular when I'm climbing the stairs. That's literally the most difficult part of my day. I haven't got quite enough energy to get up the stairs comfortably, but I want to keep going up and down them for the exercise. So when I'm climbing, Inkwell tends to keep an eye on me.

Kitty has also spent a lot of time cuddling with me, particularly when it's time for me to rest. He'll direct me to the bed then give me some purr therapy before settling on my legs and refusing to let me move too much. He's been a great comfort to me.

This morning's weigh-in was a delight. I have lost more water weight, and the more weight I lose, the more exercise I can do, which will lead to more weight loss and thus more exercise and more comfort. So I was happy this morning. But I'm still very tired, although I wanted to jump up and down at losing some weight. Yeah, couldn't jump up and down. I'm not healthy enough for that yet.

I'm so glad I have support in this. Yes, there are things that are falling by the wayside that need to be taken care of, but overall I feel like I'm not completely lost. I have food, a caregiver, some hope for the future. I'm scared, and worried, but I know if I call I can have some extra help if I need it.

Now, if I can just make sure Eric makes it through. He had insomnia last night, as did I. I think he ought to try sleeping in the guest room just to see if my disruptions are the cause of some of his problems. But that's up to him. I find the set up in our room is perfect for what I need - bathroom close, I'm able to roll out of the bed as needed. But I don't like the idea that I'm keeping him awake.

My scattered brain keeps wandering, so I'm going to stop writing for today and post this. I hope the rest of today is as good as this morning, without the Calvinball brain.

Full Kidney Saga --- Kidney Wish List --- GoFundMe

0 comments: