Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Kidney Saga part 37

Yesterday is very foggy in my mind. I wasn't at my best, and I felt filled with worries and new concerns. I have vague recollections of sleeping and eating and trying to get some exercise in, but not much more. I was very fatigued when we went to get the blood draw, which went great for once, but mostly I have no strong memories of what I did or thought.

Thanks to Lea, another item from my Kidney Wish List arrived, but I haven't been able to set it up yet. I had hoped a humidifier will help with some of my sleeping issues. But I'm still too weak to do basic stuff without help, and Eric has been having ... fun ... with his job. So hopefully he'll get some time today to assist, but I'm not going to push it right now.

I didn't sleep much last night. Not sure why, I can't remember what I was thinking about, if anything, but sleep wasn't around. When I did fall asleep, my body woke me to use the toilet. Fortunately, Eric slept well in the next room. Whew. Inkwell did attempt to "help" a couple of times, after I returned to bed, using his purr therapy. But it didn't really do as much as we could hope.

Not much else to worry about, I guess. I think I just need to keep trying to rest and let the medicine do its thing. I wish I could get off the prednisone, as I'm often fighting it to stop from yelling at Eric or Inkwell or even myself. And when I feel the emotional wave I want to just curl up and not exist for a bit. The memory dumps continue, and are awful. I hope they go away when the prednisone does.

I have been avoiding the news since yesterday morning, and will probably have to avoid it some more. My mind is shattered and I'm having too much trouble thinking to allow myself to worry about more than healing.

Full Kidney Saga --- Kidney Wish List --- GoFundMe

0 comments: