Monday, April 06, 2020

Kidney Saga part 61

I didn't mention yesterday that Eric and I also participated in an online party on Zoom (yes, we're aware of the security issues) on Saturday. The Pacific Northwest Oz group, the Oogaboos, got together on screen to have a little fun time. It was a success, and got folks to thinking they'd like to do it again soon.

Yesterday was "Laura is forgetful" day, including at least one late dosing of medicine because I simply forgot. And I forgot to weigh myself. And I forgot to take my blood pressure. I set up reminders in my phone, since I don't know if it's a one-time thing or if I will forget again.

My skin continues to tighten, and the sensations are very odd sometimes. It's not itchy, but I can feel it. Between the skin sort of pulling together and my clothing getting looser, it's been a strange few days.

Inkwell the cat has been helping as much as he can. He spends a lot of time on my chest whenever I am laying in bed, and yesterday I think he wanted me to nap so he could give me purr therapy. He also follows me around when I walk around, although he's still skittish about the walker. He sometimes ignores it and sometimes acts like it's a monster.

Today is infusion day, so I got up early and took a shower. Which took a lot out of me already. Eric is back to teaching today, in a slightly different form, so I need to plan carefully for our trip. This is going to be an interesting day. But for now, this is all I have to report.

Full Kidney Saga --- Start Here --- Kidney Wish List --- GoFundMe

0 comments: