Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Kidney Saga part 81

Why am I awake and typing at 3am? Back pain.

The back pain has gotten severe enough that it actually woke me up. Not unprecedented, but certainly unwelcome. It does make a good distraction from everything else that's going on in the world, but it's not the kind of distraction I want to have.

Yesterday was punctuated by back pain incidents, although it wasn't a continuous pain. It was blood draw day, so we went out to Prosser Hospital and I visited the lab. I had no issues with the blood or the other sample. I just hope the tests come back good. The hospital was very quiet, more than usual. The tech who drew my blood wasn't wearing a mask, which made me slightly uncomfortable. How quickly we adjust to the new normal!

I had no real difficulty getting up the stairs despite having to rest on the couch before attempting it. The biggest problem was Dr. Inkwell the magical cat deciding to sprawl on the top step and watch me. Hubby-Eric removed him as I struggled those final couple of steps up.

I found that if I sat up I didn't hurt quite as much as if I tried to sleep, although I took several naps during the day - each time getting up was incredibly painful. But the back pain didn't actually wake me from sleep until this morning.

So I'm going to try to sit up and hope the pain goes away, today. Wish me luck.

Full Kidney Saga --- Start Here --- Kidney Wish List --- GoFundMe

0 comments: