Friday, May 29, 2020

Kidney Saga part 105

I actually have tears in my eyes right as I'm writing this because of something I read in my medical information.

Our request to reduce our HUGE bill from KADLEC has been approved. By 100%. So half of the $10,000 we owed in medical bills is now gone. Half of it. I am literally crying from relief. I didn't realize quite how horrible I felt about not being able to pay, and the lifting of that burden is such a profound relief I can't stop crying about it.

Wow.

Right. So, yesterday. Our internet was out for 28 hours, and didn't come back until 3pm yesterday afternoon. In the meantime, we had stuff to do online. I managed to hook up my phone as a hotspot to post my kidney update, but it was difficult because Windows doesn't work and play well with others. But I managed for a short time and got a couple of things done.

But Eric had a virtual teacher meeting he needed to attend, so we headed down to McDonald's to see if we could use their free wifi. Because we were planning on leeching, we bought two chocolate shakes. Yes, I had a chocolate shake. I knew it wasn't a great idea, but I will allow for failure in my life. I found out the hard way that if you don't accept failure at times, you end up falling much harder when you inevitably do fail. So I figured yesterday would be a failure day, and I would deal with the consequences of having way too many carbs at once.

McDonald's wasn't great, but we managed to find another free wifi that allowed Eric to get into his meeting and we sat in the hot car for a bit. I played around, getting my Android games played and checking FB, Twitter and my mail. Once Eric's meeting was over, we went home to wait for Centurylink to get their act together.

Inkwell thought the internet outage was great. He spent pretty much forever on my lap while I read. He was very fuzzy and very clingy. When the 'net came back he was clearly disappointed because my laptop took over his spot.

A friend in Sunnyside (Hi Sara!) loaned me a heating pad. I turned it on immediately after she dropped it off and it really helped with my sore back. I am so grateful for helpful people. I'm using it now and it is helping a lot.

I expected to feel ill from the McD's shake, but instead I felt great. I mean, I felt wonderful. Better than I had in a long time. When I checked my blood sugar, it was actually right in the proper range. I was stunned, because those shakes are NOT low in carbs. I expected my blood sugar to be way high. It gives me some hope, but I'm not going to celebrate just yet.

Full Kidney Saga --- Start Here --- Kidney Wish List --- GoFundMe

0 comments: