Monday, May 04, 2020

Kidney Saga part 87

Yesterday started with insomnia and grumpiness, but ended on a bit of a high note.

The internet was still having issues when I got online, but as the sun rose it started to clear up. I tested everything I could think of, but couldn't isolate a problem. There were lots of reports online of Centurylink having issues, and their own website kept dying, but as the problem cleared up I started looking elsewhere to see if something on the local network had gone nuts. Sure enough, I found it. A spider had spun a web over the security cam, which was sending constant video and photos of the intruder's webbing. It was clogging my network. I had to go downstairs and clean the cam to get it fixed. Now, I'm not 100% sure that was the problem, but I suspect it might have been.

That I was able to get downstairs was nice. Getting back up didn't take quite as long as I thought it would, although I had to get Inkwell to move his furry little butt to get up past him. Once upstairs I was once again exhausted. The insomnia and the stair climb took a toll. I sat up for awhile trying to write, then game a little. I drifted off a bit at times, but was able to get some things done before a nice leftover lunch. After lunch I napped for a long time, and woke to dinner - orange chicken. Eric managed to make orange chicken and it was really good. Maybe slightly spicy for me (I'm not a big fan of spicy food) but really excellent. Eric has been amazing.

I spent some time yesterday playing with Inkwell, who appreciated the effort. He purred and putted and meowed at me and attacked his wonderful little knitted eyeball (I need to get him another one, some time), and loved up to me. He made a sad sound when I left, but I was too tired to continue. Poor kitty.

I was able to get a little more done after dinner, gaming mostly. I went to bed at a decent hour, and actually slept through most of the night. Only once did I have to get up to take care of business. And thanks to the husband pillow, I was able to get up without much pain. The stabbing, horrible back pain that I was having previously is pretty much gone, but there's a constant soreness that's annoying and may not go away any time soon.

Today is blood draw day. I woke up later than usual (yay!) and got my shower. I'm dressed for when Eric finishes his classes and will be ready to take me to Prosser Hospital. Until then I'm going to listen to some podcasts, read comics, write, and maybe even get a little gaming in.

Full Kidney Saga --- Start Here --- Kidney Wish List --- GoFundMe