Monday, March 01, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 25 February 2004 - Part III

Amazing Spider-Man #504 (#63): Yet more mystical stuff. I can't stay mad at the book for long, though. Romita's art is so good, and JMS can weave a decent tale even when it isn't something that appeals to me heavily. 3 1/2 starfish

El Cazador #5: Once again I just have to say: Steve Epting's art is wonderful. I thought so when he was on Aquaman, I think he's only improved since then. The artwork makes this book. I'm almost liking the story. The idea of taking over a slave ship to get crews surprised me a little. Though I admit that once the slave ship was mentioned, I had a feeling it was going to get hit at some point. 3 1/2 starfish

Usagi Yojimbo #73: Very interesting... the cover isn't what it seems, and adds another layer to this story. The beginning of the issue has Usagi talking with Tomoe about whether or not to tell Jotaro the truth about his parentage. That's an issue I sort of want resolved, and sort of hope doesn't become something more. The strange relationship Usagi has with his son is fun to watch. Yet again, Stan Sakai provides some of the best value in comics. Here's to another 20 years! 4 starfish

Coming on Wednesday according to the latest shipping lists: Akiko, Superman: Birthright, Justice League Adventures, Plastic Man, Thor, and Supreme Power. Stuff I got at the Con that I intend to review: Dodge's Bullets ashcan, Noble Causes Vol I: In Sickness and In Health, Whiteout, and Whiteout: Melt.

0 comments: