Sunday, April 25, 2004

Iron Chef Reviews

Iron Chef America - Masaharu Morimoto vs Wolfgang Puck - (spoiler)(end spoiler): I don't have a preference for who wins this battle, so it won't affect my record. I absolutely LOVE the ingredient, especially the various types that are offered for the chefs.

Again, lots of focus on the assistants as well as the main chefs. Yaah! Morimoto is using neat tools, like a hacksaw and a blowtorch. And they also pulled out the Kobe beef? Wow. And a huge hunk of tuna.

Puck floured his cutting board, then floured the camera. Puck is a funny guy, when talking to Kevin even. And knocking over pots and pans with lot and lots of noise.

I want to try this version with the Iron Chef drinking game (note: non-alcoholic drinking games may not be as much fun, but you end up going to the bathroom just as much, if not more). We're seeing almost more of Puck's assistant Sherry than we are of Puck himself. Her ice cream. Her gossamer threads of caramelized sugar. Hey, she's not an Iron Chef, is she?

Alton really needs someone to ask dumb questions. His problem is that he knows too much and goes too fast. Speaking of annoying things, I usually don't watch enough TV to get annoyed at the ads, but I'm very tired of the commercials I keep seeing during these Iron Chef episodes.

I like the presentation the chefs are coming up with. Lots of great possibilities with the ingredient today. Wasabi scares me. I hate the voice they got for Morimoto when he doesn't speak in his broken English.

I want to eat Wolfgang Puck's dishes. I don't usually want to eat the Iron Chef meals very much, but I really would like to try his.

So, whose cuisine reigns supreme? (spoiler)(end spoiler). And now... the final new battle:

Iron Chef America - Tag Team Finale - (spoiler)(end spoiler): With Open Hearts and Empty Stomachs, ALLEZ CUISINE!!! Let's see, they put my two favorite chefs on the same team... I think I'm rooting for Sakai and Batali, despite the odds against them.

Morimoto brought his own grill. And Bobby Flay is accident prone. Heck, Morimoto and Flay seem to have fires and problems all through.

Despite the language problems, Batali and Sakai seem to work well together. Whereas Flay and Morimoto keep running into each other.

I really don't like these judges.

So, whose cuisine reigns supreme? (spoiler)(end spoiler). And that's enough of Iron Chef for awhile. 3 1/2 starfish for both episodes.