Sunday, August 22, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 18 August 2004 - Part IV

Birds of Prey #72: I'm not sure I like where this is going. I mean, we've got something weird happening to Oracle, but since it's one of those internal mental journeys that I'm getting so sick of it's hard to tell exactly what is happening. Then we've got Oracle rescuing cult members from themselves and Huntress... I'm not sure what Huntress and Vixen are doing. There are times this book seems pretty good, then we get another issue like this one. Neutral. 3 starfish

Fallen Angel #14: Nice to see that characters don't magically recover from traumatic events in this book. On the other hand, the characters are all so incredibly messed up right now, particularly the main one, it's hard to see what's going to happen next. Again, there are times I really don't know why I read this book. And I don't ever want to meet Benny. 3 1/2 starfish

Demo #9: I think I preferred this series when the powers were more obvious. Or maybe I should say, when the characters definitely had powers. I've been lucky in life, I haven't had much experience with relationships, and I've definitely never had anything like any of these happen to me. I guess this issue doesn't do anything for me because I can't identify with the characters. Neutral. 3 starfish

Coming on Wednesday, if everything arrives as expected: Conan, Usagi Yojimbo, DC Presents JLA, Green Lantern, JLA, Teen Titans Go!, Weird Secret Origins 80-pager, Amazing Spider-Man, and PS238.

0 comments: