Sunday, September 12, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 9 September 2004 - Part II

Captain America #31: The first page summary sums up the entire Avengers Disassembled storyline with one question: "What in the world is going on here?" I'll add, "And why would anyone want to read about it?" to that. Anyway, Cap smirks his way through the villains in this one, and then there's a bad guy at the end. Whatever. 3 starfish

Green Arrow #42: Ollie really is a sexist twit, isn't he? Strong little tale, but it's decompressed enough that I wish something more would just happen already. Mildly recommended. 3 1/2 starfish

Bloodhound #3: This isn't a fair comparison, but I could call this book "Chase on steroids" and I wouldn't be that far off. Clev isn't a nice guy, but he's got the ability to track down other not nice guys and so he's needed. I liked the cameo of a Supergirl-like figure in the mall scenes, as well. I really am enjoying this book. 4 starfish

Still to review: Go Girl, Aquaman, JSA, and Powers.

0 comments: