Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Rapid Reviews - 26 January 2005 - Part II

Conan #12: "The Widowmaker": The fantasy epic continues, and this issue inspired me to finally hunt down some original Conan tales to read. Lucky for me, the library has a collection of the first few tales. Again, the artwork is wonderful, the writing concise and strong. Conan is not a character I cared for before this series, but now I think I can say that I am a fan of Conan. 4 starfish

The Flash #218: "Rogue Profile: Heat Wave": A bit of a slowdown after the frantic pace of the last few issues. This one focuses on Heat Wave, as you might expect from the title and the front cover. And although it's good, I don't think it's quite as good as the last few issues. 3 1/2 starfish

Legion of Super-Heroes #2: I think I like Dream Girl. This one is disturbing in its implications, but it's also a nice set-up for the series itself. I think I'm enjoying this series. 3 1/2 starfish

JLA: Classified #3: "Seconds To Go: The End": No one will be surprised that I liked the portrayal of Aquaman in this issue. I'm not really sure about the artwork. There were points that seemed slightly wrong to me, but overall I think it was pretty good. Aquaman sure looked good, and it was nice to see him flirting with Diana again. 4 starfish

Amazing Spider-Man #75/516: "Skin Deep Part Two": So, Peter knows a nerd that wasn't as lucky as he was. And now that nerd has power. Very interesting. Charlie is one of those who has accepted his status as "victim" to the degree that he cannot accept that there is another way. How is Peter going to get out of this one? 4 starfish

0 comments: