Tuesday, March 22, 2005

More Rapid Reviews

Teen Titans: Family Lost: This arc, featuring Raven and Brother Blood, was completely forgetable. There were some nice info dumps, but the story as a whole didn't really do much for me. 3 starfish

Y: The Last Man - Cycles: Yorick finds the ideal community, only to discover that it has a dark secret. This is another strong tale, and I enjoyed it quite a lot. My biggest problem is that we still haven't learned what killed the men, or how Yorick survived. On the other hand, the story is strong enough that I nearly forgot about it while reading. 4 starfish

Invincible: Family Matters: I'd always wanted to give Invicible a try, as I kept hearing that's it's a nice superhero book. And it is nice. I liked the tale a lot, especially when Mark first realizes he has powers. I also liked the matter-of-fact way that Mark's mother handles the stress of being married to a superhero. I also liked Mark's fitting for his costume. I also like how he got his costume. Ok, so I liked most of the book. Definitely worth a peek for superhero fans. 4 starfish

0 comments: