Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Random Thoughts

Shane is getting me to link to him by posting Things You Just Don't See In Aquaman Comics Anymore. Heh. Good observations there. I will note that however great the cover of Aquaman #42 (with Black Manta holding up Aquaman) is, the BM still wasn't that awesome inside the book.

Great article about continuity obsession in fandom. Via Hit and Run.

Coin Stacking Links.

Augie reports on Revenge of the Sith reviews. Apparently, most of the reviews have been positive so far. I intend to see the movie, but I'm not excited about it. I got burned on the first two.

DC Comics has a new logo.

A strange little Metafilter post has directions to various voice synthesizers on-line. Type in your phrase and listen to your choice of voices say it.

Satellite Map Oddity at Area 51. Lots of "good" uses for Google Maps including looking at places like Area 51...

Heh. Nice Ask Yahoo! question. Of minor interest to superhero fans.

Learn geography on the web. Highly recommended to everyone who can't remember where the states are located. I'm really good with everything West of the Mississippi River, but I have a lot of trouble with the East Coast.

Smoking Gun Memo, proof that Shrubya lied us into war, is ignored by US media (warning: over-sensitive conservatives with an ongoing persecution complex probably don't want to follow this link).

And as long as I'm on politics, look at Wil Wheaton's latest political rant. Again, over-sensitive conservatives with an ongoing persecution complex probably don't want to follow this link.

Why you don't want to use Google accelerator. Basically, it will delete your accounts for you. Lovely.

Warren Ellis has found a great name for a band. Not to mention yet another place in which people have "seen" an image of Jesus, a man that lived two thousand years ago and therefore nobody knows what he really looked like. *sigh*

Way cool murals. Yes, this is yet another link from the Museum of Hoaxes. It's been a good site lately.

OpenOffice is better than Microsoft. I switched over to OO some time ago and haven't regretted it since. I can still read annoying Microsoft files, but my private files are saved in a much smaller form. I prefer it to Word, and I no longer have to worry about paying for an upgrade or getting rid of the annoying dancing paperclip.

How to build your own TIVO. I think my brother is itching to try something like this. I hope he can scramble up all the needed parts.

New Bigfoot footage is fairly lame.

0 comments: