Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Random Thoughts

Time for real Aquamen? The comments about this on Slashdot are fascinating and informative as well.

Jeff Parker gets a new router and weighs in on the Rann/Thanagar thing as well.

Neil Gaiman explains how to make tea.

Shane Bailey is linkblogging again. Go check it out.

Polite Scott got to see Wicked. I'm jealous.

postmodernbarney posts a not real post that directs us to super masks.

A Senior Prank Gone Good. I just wish there were pictures... ah, here's a picture.

The Museum of Hoaxes has a copyright question.

The Ransom Model. A new way of doing "shareware" software. I personally like The Spriggan Experiment, in which Lawrence Watt-Evans is continuing a series that doesn't currently have a publisher by asking for donations from the fans. While I don't know for sure, it's apparently working really well. As a fan of the series, I know I want the book to be finished.

Variety.com likes movie blurbs, some for really rotten movies... Via Various and Sundry.

Legal signatures... in Japan, it could be a stamp. In the US, it could be anything. On that second story, I'll just point out that I work in retail and I always check the signature... most folks who notice me checking are very grateful that I am checking. Our store doesn't get much in the way of fraud, but we're careful anyway.

Artwork based on children's drawings. Considerably more neat than the description makes it sound. Via Boing Boing.

Um, didn't I see this in a Doctor Who episode once?

Dress up Steve Jobs. A Flash app.

How to assemble a graphic novel by hand. Via Boing Boing.

Our world is changing, and a new atlas shows examples of just how it is changing.

Space Spy Suits found. Maybe this is related to Jeff Parker's space ghost?

Opportunity is no longer stuck. Yah.

Los Alamos Whistleblower beaten up and told to shut up.

Listen To The Authorities And Die. A chilling reflection on what happened on 9/11.

It's started. Metafilter has a round up of bird flu links. It's not yet time to panic, but we should keep an eye on China. Perfectly healthy people died in the 1918 flu outbreak, it can happen again.

0 comments: