Friday, October 21, 2005

Mostly Pointless Thoughts

Johnny B does a little early NFL prediction thanks to the hurricane.

Comic Book Wife announces her comic book husband's new blog: Kirk Jarvinen. Yeah, catchy title, isn't it? In case you don't know, Kirk Jarvinen's big claim to fame in my little world is that he pencilled the excellent "Aquaman: Time & Tide" mini-series by Peter David. Some of my favorite Aquaman artwork ever... I have a Time & Tide promo poster on the wall that I look at every day.

The Emerald City Comicon has overhauled and updated their website so folks can get a better idea of what's coming. I highly recommend this show, which I've attended since it started (2005, 2004, 2003).

The picture on this Boing Boing post just makes me giggle every time I see it.

Fun little bit from Usenet:

Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.dc.universe
Subject: Re: How do you say George Perez?
From: Kurt Busiek

On 2005-10-21 09:46:57 -0700, "Glennsim" said:

> So how do you say "Busiek"?

O-grate-wun.

kdb
--
Read an ASTRO CITY story for FREE, at:
http://www.dccomics.com/features/astro/

Bob Harris makes a point about the media that I just need to put down... "You are not the media's customer; you are their product. Their only customers are the advertisers." I just need to think about that, and the implications of it, some more, so I'm putting it here to remind me.

0 comments: