Friday, October 21, 2005

Rapid Reviews - 5 October 2005 - Part II

Two weeks behind, not a big surprise. This seems to happen to me on a regular basis. I'll just keep writing until I catch up, then...

Bart Simpson's Treehouse of Horror #11: We get this every year, and every year it's pretty good. This year had some classic horror creators working on it, and as you'd expect, it worked out nice. I hesitate to write much more because it all seemed like "you had to be there" kind of humor to me. If you like the annual Treehouse of Horror episodes of the Simpsons, this is a book worth getting. 3 starfish

Usagi Yojimbo #87: "The Treasure of the Mother of Mountains" part five: There is seriously nothing I can say about this book that hasn't already been said. This issue is another outstanding piece of a great story from one of the best in the business. If you like solid tales with great characters, you should be buying this book. Wiki. 3 1/2 starfish

Aquaman #35: "A Walk-On Part In The War": Aquaman gets his taste of the OMACs, and it fits surprisingly well into the storyline. The character that goes OMACy is the right one, and the reactions of both Aquaman and Koryak to the threat are perfect. Now I'm just eager to see what happens next... something that hasn't happened with this book in awhile. Wiki. 3 starfish

0 comments: