Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Linkdump and Random Thoughts

Because I've been posting about it so much on my Aquaman website, I've neglected to mention it much here. The lead in the Aquaman TV show has been cast: actor/model Will Toale as Arthur Curry. He has enough experience as an actor that I suspect he'll be better than Ritchson, but not enough to judge if he'll be any good. AquamanTV.com has the low-down on the guy, along with a whole lotta pretty pictures from his modeling work.

I will point out that this may be the first and last time I ever scoop anyone on the Aquaman TV show, as I picked up the rumor and ran with it three days before it was officially confirmed. Color me amused.

The Ultimate Showdown. Via Querldox.

Friends of Lulu on Wikipedia.

Be the Change and Hurt Comics.

What Greg says.

The Beat has some thoughts on the whole situation for consideration. I'm not sure I quite agree with everything there, but it did calm me down quite a bit.

Lea Hernandez links to concrete ideas on how to improve the comic book industry. These are from a business standpoint, and they make so much sense I don't know why everyone isn't paying attention.

Maybe go read GirlAMatic.

A list of Monopoly House Rules. I recall playing with the Free Parking Jackpot, but most of the rest are new to me.

Warren Ellis has named the coming flu pandemic for us: Flupocalypse. So far there is no evidence that the flu strain is going from person to person, but as soon as it does, we're all in trouble.

Things I Am Not Allowed To Do At Hogwarts.

Paul Cornell is on a quest for BBC Space Themes.

Dave reviews some board games and finds some winners in the bunch...

The LEGO Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. If you build it, they will come? via FilkerTom.

I like today's Astronomy Picture of the Day. It's an animated GIF.

Why you should never accept a diamond as a gift or anything else. Diamonds aren't worth much, in reality, and only cost a lot because of a stupid monopoly on them. I'd rather have a pretty gemstone, anyway, myself, than one that says "I'm a sucker!"

This strange article about Jesus using cannabis is worth reading only for the concluding thought. Via Elayne.

I don't like podcasts. I just don't like 'em. I don't listen to them, even if they are playing. I'm a visual learner, and I'm very poor at listening. Podcasts do nothing at all for me. I'd much, much rather read it than hear it. So I don't like podcasts. Just thought I'd mention that.

0 comments: