Saturday, December 16, 2006

Back from Bothell

Just got back down to Seattle from visiting our house in Bothell and grabbing some more supplies. I also chatted extensively with three neighbors who are staying despite the persistence of cold. I told all three that they could take any and all firewood stacked up around our house if they need it. We tried to use our wood-burning stove, the smoke filled the room. We need to have it checked before we use it again.

All three neighbors were happy with the suggestion that they take my firewood, and I kind of half hope all the wood will be gone by the time we check in again. Especially since two of the neighbors helped us mightily with the tree in our yard. For that help, they can have all the wood they can burn. And I have a feeling we're going to have to take down at least one more tree, if not two, before we get around to fixing the stove. So it's not like we need the firewood.

I also got promises from the neighbors to watch our house. They would have anyway, but now they know my name and face. So I think everything will be alright. I feel a lot better about the whole thing knowing the neighbors are watching. And it's funny how, in all the years I've been at that house, I know so few of my neighbors. But now I've met three of them in one day, and I'm not even staying at my house right now!

Not much else to say. I'm exhausted. I've got a bunch of stuff to do now, some of it even fun, so I'm going to sign out for the night at get to it.

0 comments: