Sunday, December 02, 2007

Sunday Night Links

Happy Birthday Elayne!

The Emerald City Comicon has a new announcement up, including artwork for the con from Tim Sale showing the Hulk and... just go look.

I have always liked Popeye. I loved the cartoon as a little kid. I wonder what that says about me?

Brian Wood has a fascinating blog entry on the inspiration for artists. Very neat stuff there.

Comic Book Urban Legends Revealed #131. Star Wars, Purple Gloves, and The Legion.

This post applies to me... Blogging on infinite Earths?

Amelia Rules to become a Musical. Cool.

The Webby Awards' 12 Most Influential Online Videos of All Time. I'm surprised at how many of these I have seen, and I'd at least heard of all of them.

2007 LEGO Advent Calendar Day 2: A fire hydrant and supply case for the fireman. The supply case includes a walkie talkie, axe, and fire extinguisher.

Augie on Charity Overload. I agree with him mostly, except for the Girl Scouts (at least they are selling and not begging). And I never have any problem saying "no" to anyone sitting outside a grocery store.

Special Instructions To Players. "In fact, it is so over the top that at first we thought it was some type of a joke. But as we examined the paper, found that this language did exist in the 1890s, considered that general rowdiness and the use of obscene language by players were big issues in baseball in this era, and noted that the accompanying items were all from the same era, we soon realized that that this was not a joke at all."

I've gotten as high as level 46 at FreeRice, but never stay up there for long. I'm usually in the low 40s. Has anyone reached 50?

The Bad Astronomer has news from Texas regarding its doomage.

Oh dear, too funny: Newlywed Terrorists.

Teenage Mutant Turtle, must train to be Ninja.

0 comments: