Thursday, April 10, 2008

Morning Links

Emerald City Comicon has a Costume Contest page up now. I love seeing costumes, so I'm really looking forward to it. I need to start putting together my "to be trolled" list now.

This looks amazing. A two volume hardcover Willie and Joe set. Wow.

Can Marvel buy Superman? Jeff Trexler answers the questions that I hadn't even thought of asking about the Siegel Superman settlement.

Shaun Tan and Phil Foglio are Hugo Nominees. And I hope "The Arrival" wins. And Phil as well.

First the bees, now the bats. Again, bats are very important to the environment, as they eat insects which would otherwise overrun us. A lack of bats is bad news.

The tale of the gold kit, or "How to make money off of gold paint".

He was killed in action in Korea... only he wasn't. But the IRS still thinks he might be dead.

Scientists find the bad breath bug.

Scammers are taking advantage of the switch to digital television.

Universal Music thinks they still own promo CDs they sent out unasked for and for free. I suppose by this reasoning, the original publishers own all the review books they've sent me?

The real reason behind Crop Circles and Roswell.

Joe Lieberman owes an apology to Ned Lamont for lying about him during the 2006 campaign. The FBI also owes Lamont an apology for discovering the truth before the election, but NOT telling the public that Lieberman was lying.

The Seattle Times reports on my eighth cousin who grew up in the Seattle area.

Lies I've Told My 3 Year Old Recently. "Books get lonely too."

0 comments: