Thursday, May 06, 2010

Stepford House Plants Update

First: The arborvitae in the back are growing slowly. I wanted them to grow really fast and block out the neighbor's view of our yard, but I didn't expect magic and I'm not getting it. They do, however, appear to be digging in and establishing themselves.

Second: The one dollar tomatoes are still growing, but haven't reached the 3 inches that the instructions say to transplant them at. They are about 2 1/4 right now. I'm keeping the soil moist, and hoping for the best. Here's a picture:

One Dollar Tomato

Third: I went and got my Italian Prune tree today. Well, more like Italian Prune Stick. My plum tree is little more than a stick. I'm told it will have branches before the end of summer, but I don't know. I probably need to stake it, and I want to put a bit of a cage around it, but after I went and got it today, I immediately planted it in the yard.

Plum Stick

You can possibly make it out in that picture, the little stick with the tag still on it. I paid $15.05 with all the taxes etc to get it. It rode in the passenger seat home in my little car. And it's now planted where I hope it will grow. Only time will tell, but if it does, I'll have the pictures to show what happened.

0 comments: