Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Various Links

I really wish the Aquaman pilot had gone to series, but it's still fun hearing about how it was made.

Ever wanted to read the "missing scene" of The Princess Bride? Well, somebody tried. And got this. You can get it too, by requesting the missing scene online.

A whole bunch of maps you never knew you needed. And, frankly, you probably don't actually need, but some are kind of fun. I object to #20 (Google auto-correct) because that's cleary the wrong Washington that's being referred to.

light pollution map

I don't really have enough books that I'd want to digitize to try it, but a DIY book scanner is still a pretty cool piece of tech. Paper isn't going to die, but I love having digital access to my reading.

More from Cracked: Four things politicians will never understand about poor people.

Were early Christians really persecuted? A review of a book about the three centuries after the death of Jesus and what really happened.

2 comments:

Eric TF Bat said...

For some reason, every one of your images is coming up as a "no hotlinking" image. There's something weird going on, but I don't know what.

Tegan said...

It's actually a combination of things.

I prevent hotlinking to my images from other sites because people keep doing it and eating up my bandwidth.

Which would be fine, except Google redirects my blog to local country URLs instead of the URL that I have as an exception for hotlinking. This breaks my hotlinking exception and shows you the wrong thing.

I've put in a fix, please feel free to let me know if it works. I'm going to try a couple of other things as well. Hopefully between them all, the blog will work again.