Saturday, June 29, 2013

Market Fresh!

Went to the Farmers Market this morning to do a photo page, and realized I really wanted to spend some money there. So when I went home I convinced hubby-Eric to go out with me to lunch.

For a total of $10 we each got two tamales and a drink. Eric had the horchata, and I took a horchata con fresas. I hadn't actually ever tried horchata before, and I was pleasantly surprised. Especially since the horchata con fresas had the exact same shade of color as Pepto-Bismol. Horchata is a rice drink, described to me as "rice pudding as a drink instead of pudding." It's very refreshing. Fresas are strawberries, and it was a darn good drink for a hot day.

Then I got a flat of blueberries, which will be my dessert for lunch for a long time to come.


I'm also going to try to make a blueberry polenta cake using a recipe the newspaper got from a company promoting Oregon blueberries. I plan to try that later today or tomorrow, depending on my level of energy. I'm already feeling very drained from the heat.

Temperatures in the area are expected to get as high as 111°F by Tuesday, and it's also very muggy here. We were hoping that the thunderstorms would break over the area and provide a little relief, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Actually, there's thunderstorms over some areas and those getting hit aren't very happy. We are an agricultural area.

Anyway, it's hot, I'm staying cool. Have fun where you are...

0 comments: