Monday, January 05, 2015

Adventures in Anxiety

Hubby-Eric went over the mountains right after Christmas, that Friday, to visit family and attend events on the wet side. He stayed until yesterday, at which point he attempted to come home.

I say attempted because he had a little trouble. Let's cut to the chase: he ended up in a ditch along a mountain pass on a wet and dark night. After getting towed out of the ditch, he stopped at a hotel for the night rather than try to make it back in difficult driving conditions.

In the meantime, I was a total wreck at home worrying for him. I stayed up until I heard he was safe at the hotel, then couldn't sleep because I was so wound up from the anxiety. I finally started to fall asleep about the time my fuzzy alarm started begging for breakfast. I called in to work and let the boss know I'd be late, fed the cat, and went back to bed.

Anyway. Eric got home after I got up and got to work. Then we got to see each other for the first time this year at lunchtime. I'm now feeling a lot better, and hopefully will have a better day at work tomorrow.

Anyway, that's how last night and today went. You?

0 comments: