Sunday, January 17, 2016

Relay for Life

I'd like to write a big ol' update on what's going on in my life, but I've been a little distracted. Worse, I threw out my back Thursday somehow, and I'm in agony. The painkiller and muscle relaxant the doctor prescribed is making only a slight dent in the pain.

Then.

This morning I got news that a friend of mine I met at Anglicon last year has lost his fight with cancer. Justin Manning, the guy in the blue shirt at the center of the photo below, passed away this morning after a long battle.


I was dithering on whether or not to do the Relay for Life this year, but Justin has prompted me to do it again, in his honor. If you would like to donate, visit my relay page. But even if you cannot donate, please spend a couple of minutes after you read this thinking of those we've lost to cancer.

Thanks.

0 comments: