Monday, October 28, 2002

HeroClix or HeroClunk

Didn't have a good night at the tournament. In fact, it was absolutely miserable. Perhaps it's the knowledge that there is an Aquaman LE out there waiting for me to win it. Maybe it was just pure bad luck. Maybe I was distracted by other things on my mind.

Whatever it was, I did horribly in the tournament, losing my first two games in the most frustrating manner possible, and giving up in the third game after ten minutes when I realized I wasn't enjoying myself at all.

The only good thing to happen in my games (and the result was quite bad for me) was that my opponent's Experienced Aquaman took out my Rookie Hawkman with one hit. Naturally, despite it happening to me, I was pleased.

But the fun is gone. I don't know if I should take a couple months break from the tourneys or what. In any case, it wasn't the pleasant night I was expecting.