Tuesday, October 29, 2002

Youth-Sucking Monsters

Fun Smallville this week. Yes, I saw certain plot points coming from miles away (the whole thing with Lex's past was blindingly obvious), but it was still enjoyable watching. I'm looking forward to seeing next week's, which promises to go into the difficulties of adopting an alien child.

I find Lana and Lex to be the most compelling characters on the show by far, and this new revelation about Lana's parents looks to expand the interesting-ness of Lana even more. I'm also looking forward to seeing if Lex tries to make up for his father's nastiness as shown in this episode.

All-in-all, a good show. I don't think of it as "Superman" like some comic book fans apparently do, and that makes it even better, I think. Except for the names and the spaceship, Smallville could be a completely independent show and would be just as interesting... only I (and lots of other viewers) never would have given it a chance.

Ah well. Off to bed. Gotta work in the morning...