Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 10 September 2003 - Part V

Superman: Blood Of My Ancestors: You know, it doesn't matter whether or not this is marked as an Elseworld, it is a classic format Elseworld, and a fine one, too. It's even open at the end to allow possible sequels, though that seems mighty unlikely. This one is worth getting. 4 1/2 starfish

Supreme Power #2: The first issue was nice and solid. This issue pumps it up a notch, with the birth of four other supers. See if you can guess which Justice Leaguer they correspond to... 4 starfish

Fallen Angel #3: Very very very odd book. There's more gore in this one. Two plotlines are introduced, both fascinating. Overall, I just don't know what to think of this book... and I think I like that feeling. 4 starfish

I've barely had time to flip through the Silver Age Teen Titans Archive, so I'll save reviewing that one until I get a chance to really look at it. Today's books, which I'll review as soon as I can, are: PS238, Shrek, Thieves & Kings, Batman Adventures, Birds of Prey, Smallville, Cinnamon: El Ciclo, Outsiders, and Arrowsmith. Wow. Another large week.

0 comments: