Monday, September 15, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 10 September 2003 - Part II

TV - Teen Titans: Deep Six: I had seen only one episode of this show prior to this, and I wasn't impressed. I just wasn't expecting much coming into this one. In fact, I was fairly certain I would be disappointed. That's why I'm really impressed. I loved this episode. It wasn't high art, and it had lots of cringeworthy moments, but Aqualad is HOT, and the story served to introduce him nicely. 4 starfish

Aquaman #10: Still going... thump, thump, thump... This isn't bad, it's just slow. I'm betting when I sit down and re-read the whole thing, which I'll probably so shortly after issue 12 comes out, I'll like it even more. But this issue seems to be just more of the same happening. 3 1/2 starfish

H-E-R-O #8: I don't think it's a secret that the guys in the "Captain Chaos" crew are loosely based on some of Will Pfeifer's on-line pals, so I was not at all surprised by their eventual fate. I was, however, more than a little amused by the way the plot worked out to that fate. Not a bad little run. 3 1/2 starfish

0 comments: