Monday, November 10, 2003

Random Thoughts

The Atrios/Luskin "stalker" thing made the New Yorker. via Atrios

Riverbend tells of the problems at Baghdad University. I'm definitely seeing where some of our people in Iraq need Iraqis to guide them. It's like we've got our hands over our ears while we point guns at people who are just tired of war and want help getting their country back.

Healing Iraq has a description of Iraqi "resistance". There are more voices popping up from Iraq every day, much of them giving such good advice that I can only hope somebody in our government is paying attention. Follow the links from the various Iraqi blogs I'm already linked to if you want the real news from the ground.

In less painful news, Riverbend has posted a recipe for Kabab Iroog on her new blog for those of us willing and daring enough to try some Iraqi recipes.

Hubby-Eric and I are both as British as Mr Bean, according to this quiz. via Johnny B

Someone asked Neil Gaiman if he would write for the new Doctor Who, and he replied: "If I have time, certainly. (It took five years to find time to write a Babylon 5 episode, of course...)" While a Doctor Who story written by Neil would be very cool, I'll have to take that response as a "not too likely".

I plan on attending the next Seattle ComiCard Convention to attempt to get sketches and more permissions. It would be worth the price of admission if I can get a sketch from either Paul Chadwick or Anne Timmons. In any case, if you intend to be there (November 16th), you can spot me by looking for the Aquaman T-shirt:

Current BBBB Computer Fund Total: $0.00 - Number of "Blue Screens" yesterday: 1

0 comments: