Thursday, November 06, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 5 November 2003 - Part II

Smallville: Relic [3-06]: Ignoring plot holes, this was one of the best episodes yet. Jor-El, on earth. Lana's great aunt, who looks just like her. And Clark taking on authority. When you get right down to it, this one was just fun. And Lana's quote: "You must have come from somewhere. It's not like you fell out of the sky." Yeah, I liked it. 4 starfish

Superman: Birthright #5: I like the comment Clark makes to his mom about the nickname Lois gives him. I also like the way he gets into the newspaper with his "research". The art still really bothers me. It's just not my style. Not bad, just not my cuppa. 3 1/2 starfish

Arrowsmith #4: Wow. Wowwowwow. The artwork is, as usual, amazing. The growth of Fletcher is terrifying and wonderful. I like that he's still a good man at heart despite what he's seen, and I'm suffering from the anticipation of what will happen to him next. Yeah, I'm hooked. 4 starfish

Still to review: Powers, Crossovers, Akiko, Usagi Yojimbo, Empire, Justice League Adventures, Supreme Power, Assembly, and JLA-Z.

0 comments: