Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Dentist

I hate going to the dentist. It was always mildly uncomfortable, but at some point something happened with the vacuum that dentists use, and ever since then I've hate entering a dentist office and hearing the noise of it. When they are working on me, it doesn't bother me nearly as much... but the sound of the vacuum sends the oddest chills up and down my spine, and makes me feel absolutely horrible. I have, in the past, begged the hygienist to turn the thing off if they aren't using it, but most of them seem utterly oblivious to my discomfort. My last dentist was like that. One of the hygienists understood, but the rest just left it running, right near my ears, driving me slowly insane.

It's been awhile since I've seen a dentist. I probably desperately need to go, but I've been avoiding it. But I can't avoid it forever. So I asked around, and found a very local dentist, just down the street, and I'm going to go in for a preliminary visit tomorrow morning. Tomorrow morning. At nine am. This, for a person who usually gets up at eight. I hope I'm not late.

And I hope they listen to me.

0 comments: