Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Stupid Migraine

I was going to give you a nice random thoughts post this morning to distract you from the rest of my blog, but the migraine did something my migraines have never done before. It came back. So I currently feel (and this is as close as I can get to describing it, it's actually much, much worse) like something stretched me out as thin as a sheet of paper, played drums on me through an entire performance of Stomp, then let me ooze back into my natural form while kicking me around a soccer pitch. I have this vague notion that my recent bout with fibromyalgia may have made the after-effects worse. I'll be seeing my doctor in a week, I'll ask then.

In the meantime, it still hurts a little to look at a computer screen. I discovered yesterday afternoon that the pugless house has no dark rooms. None at all. Every room is full of light. I could not find a dark place to hide away from the pain, I had to cover my eyes, which doesn't always work. Of course, the sun was out, too, making everything brighter.

Now that the attack seems to be over, knock on wood, I intend to get the sleep I missed last night. When I wake up again I'll put together my random thoughts post. Until then, go read a blog from someone coherent.