Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Two Weeks

So, it's been two weeks since I moved into the pugless house of not-so-many horrors. Three more weeks to go. What have I learned in my short time here?

Adjusting to the sound of heavy traffic on the street outside is difficult. I didn't have so much trouble the times I've pug-sat before. I'm thinking, MOPPeT (My Own Personal Pet Theory) is that without having to take the pugs on walkies three times a day, I'm just not exhausted enough to fall asleep despite the traffic.

There are few things in life more relaxing than sitting in a hottub watching the stars come out. It's really quite pleasant.

Living in a house with stairs is very different than living in a house with a single step. Going up and down the stairs alone is taking off pounds, I'm sure. At the very least, it's making my knees crackle.

The more I watch Angel on DVD, the more I think my husband looks like David Boreanaz in my memory, and the more I want to see him. My husband, not David Boreanaz.

The Ravenna neighborhood is a very good place for walks, even without the pugs hanging around.

I'm still no good at keeping plants alive, even if they are nicely established and living in a beautiful urban garden. Hands off is the best approach. I hope.