Thursday, June 03, 2004

Rapid Reviews - Angel Season One DVDs - Part VIII

Angel [1-15]: The Prodigal: Two contrasting stories. One with a wild son who balks against his disapproving father, and one with a father who tries to get the best for his daughter no matter the costs. It was interesting to see Angel become a vampire. I suspected he had some issues with his family, but pretty much all the flashbacks I'd seen up to this point involved Spike or another vampire Angel had turned. I gotta admit, Liam made one sexy vampire, didn't he? As for Kate... I wonder if she's going to stay as a part of the cast. I thought for sure she wouldn't come back after the first episode where she learns what Angel is, but she's shown up a couple times since then. Will she continue to appear? By the way, don't answer that. I intend to find out for myself. 4 starfish

Angel [1-16]: The Ring: So, is it a requirement that every hard-core fantasy show have at least one episode featuring a fighting ring of some kind? Is that in the rulebook? Rule 21: There must be an episode where there's a gladiator fight. Gah! I did like the ending, when the gang realizes that they've just freed a whole bunch of demon thugs... oops. 3 1/2 starfish