Saturday, July 17, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 14 July 2004 - Part III

Identity Crisis #2: There's apparently a lot of debate about this issue on the 'net. I'm not surprised. Although it wasn't stated outright, the implied rape of a major DC character is something a lot of people aren't going to ignore. I'm not really enjoying this series, and this issue doesn't give me any more inclination to enjoy it. I'll still get it and read it, but again, this doesn't seem to be the event it was hyped to be. 3 1/2 starfish

JLA #101: The first of a series of almost stand-alone issues all about how members of the Justice League fail. I can't really say I'm impressed. It's an ok story, but nothing special. I'm not sure I want to read about all the failures of the members of the Justice League. 3 1/2 starfish

JSA #63: Once again this book suffers from the huge cast. I just get lost when I try to follow this book. Ah well... nice little homage to Wizard of Oz, at least. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Aquaman.