Monday, July 05, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 30 June 2004 - Part I

Green Lantern #178: Oddly enough, the recent Comic Book Idol contest changed the way I thought about this series, and this issue in particular. I actually thought Carlos Rodriguez drew the sequence better than Luke Ross did, and kind of wished I could see Rodriguez's take on the rest of the book. Because I was looking at the book much more closely, I found I liked it more than I probably would have. I was impressed with the emotion in the opening sequence, and Kyle's thought balloons after being drugged were great. I liked this issue. 4 starfish

JLA #100: Well, the stupid vampire storyline is over, at least. And although Joe Kelly tends to favor overcomplicated stories over anything comprehensible, at least it doesn't have faux Silver Age dialogue. And the story itself isn't that bad when you get down to it, however long that takes. It's not that good, either, but not terribly bad. As a device to spin-off a title from DC's flagship title, I'm not keen on it either. I guess I'm neutral on it. 3 starfish

Still to review: Kindergoth, Harley & Ivy, Emily and the Intergalactic Lemonade Stand, Days of the Dragon, and Colonia.