Saturday, August 21, 2004

Random Thoughts and Happy Birthday Wishes

Hubby-Eric wanted me to post a birthday wish to one of his friendly fictional characters. If you don't know who Ozma is, go read his website.

The Comic Treadmill reviews Dorothy of Oz and enjoys it as much as I did. And yes, his name was L. Frank Baum... Frank was his middle name. He didn't like his first name much, and I don't blame him.

TangognaT's compiled Eleven List has been updated. It was also linked from librarian.net on August 17th.

I made Neil's blog again, this time by reporting the numbers that Dave Sim reported to me in his form letter. The letter actually says: "Dear Neil Gaiman reader: I regret to inform you that -- owing to the inopportune vagaries of the postal system -- you inquiry regarding an autographed copy of an issue of Cerebus containing part of the Sandman parody arrived today, August 10, and not yesterday, August 9. Inopportune insofar as the one-day difference meant that your inquiry didn't arrive with the first 15 -- each of whom will be receiving an already completed short, personal reply (what we call in the business a "courtesy letter") and a personalized autographed comic book." The letter goes on to say that 109 more letters arrived on August 10th (for a total of 124), and that those 109 get an un-personalized autographed copy of a first printing of issue 164, 165, or 167 (I got 165). I'm eager to see how many people end up writing to Mr Sim for their free copy.

Garrett points to a very good takedown of Michelle Malkin's disgraceful defense of WWII Japanese Internment. How any enlightened person can not only condone, but argue in favor of collective punishment, is beyond me. I just have to guess that Malkin is pretty much a barbarian. It's sad that someone so disgusting has any audience at all.

I have found the perfect athlete to play Aquaman in the incredibly unlikely event of a live-action film or show. It would be Gary Hall Jr of the United States, the gold medalist in the splash and dash (50 meter freestyle, one length of the pool).


0 comments: