Friday, September 17, 2004

Random Thoughts

Will Pfeifer has a blog. Hide the children, ma! Thanks for the hot tip, Kevin.

Larry Young continues his Loose Cannon articles on comics bloggers. Check the archives for the first two parts.

Previews Online has updated. Current order forms are now available.

Nut Mike Sterling gives anyone who might possibly be curious a link to the Theme Song for the Swamp Thing cartoon.

Charlie Larson of The Garlic Shoppe noted my blog about trying garlic ice cream and left a comment for me and any readers who might be interested. He points out a second website with more information at http://www.garlicdude.com/, and that he also owns a winery, rapazzini winery, where you can get "the infamous chateau de garlic".

Mozilla Firefox is getting better and better, say users. I still prefer plain old vanilla Mozilla, but I've downloaded Firefox and will play with it a bit to see if I can't get used to it. I like how Mozilla handles tabs more than Firefox, and that's my only complaint so far. By the way, if you still use a crappy browser provided by Microsoft or AOL, you really ought to get yourself a real browser. Obviously, I recommend Mozilla, but there are other options. Most of them are far more secure than IE and updated promptly when security holes are found.

Lucas talks about the original trilogy and why he won't release them on DVD: "The special edition, that's the one I wanted out there. The other movie, it's on VHS, if anybody wants it. ... I'm not going to spend the, we're talking millions of dollars here, the money and the time to refurbish that, because to me, it doesn't really exist anymore. It's like this is the movie I wanted it to be, and I'm sorry you saw half a completed film and fell in love with it." Well, I'm sorry you care so little about the fans that you can't release BOTH versions. Of course, this is really rich coming from the same guy who said: "I am very concerned about our national heritage, and I am very concerned that the films that I watched when I was young and the films that I watched throughout my life are preserved, so that my children can see them." And that comment was about a DVD release that had both the original and changed versions on it. What a hypocrite.

And here's another picture from Nancy's Garden. Just because I can.


0 comments: