Friday, October 29, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 27 October 2004 - Part II

Demo #11: Huh. Slackers make a pledge, and one of them takes it almost too seriously. Or maybe there's no "almost" about it. I didn't really identify with the characters, as I've always been a slacker, but never like them. And yet, they were still recognizable to me. The artwork was much more Manga-style than previous books, even using some of the conventions. Another very strong issue. 4 starfish

Daisy Kutter: The Last Train Chapter Three: Lots of fun, as we learn the real reason Daisy was hired. Great artwork, characters that I've started to really develop a big liking for, and a solid plot. Yeah, this is a keeper. 4 starfish

Green Lantern: Rebirth #1: Hey, Aquaman is in this one! Yeah! Um... there's not much else to say. I'm going to have to wait and see how this one turns out. The whole issue is set-up. At the end, I didn't really feel like I knew any more than I had already known... it was just all organized into one book. Mildly recommended. 3 1/2 starfish

Amazing Spider-Man #72/513: Not being deeply interested in Spider-Man, I'm not having the same problems that other readers are having with this story. In fact, I'm still enjoying this story quite a bit. 4 starfish

Still to review: Usagi Yojimbo, Birds of Prey, and Aquaman.

0 comments: