Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Random Thoughts

Firefox Version 1 is out. Go download!

The Pegasus awards, the big filk song awards, have been given out for 2004, and guess what song got an award? "Arthur Curry" by Ookla The Mok. Excellent...

"I am Aquaman and nobody better mess with me
I may be nothing to you but I am a king beneath the sea
Let's see you get by under water as well as I do on the ground
I am Aquaman and you better not mess around"

Many many thanks to Garrett for making sure I didn't miss this one.

The Comic Treadmill has reviewed Dorothy of Oz Chapter II. Go read the review. Excellent stuff.

The next "X-Prize" has been announced, and it's a doozy of a challenge. The next challenge is "to build a spacecraft capable of taking a crew of no fewer than five people to an altitude of 400 kilometers and complete two orbits of the Earth at that altitude. Then they have to repeat that accomplishment within 60 days." Space tourism, here we come!

My husband told me last night that Howard Keel has died, and I found confirmation today. Keel played Adam Pontipee in one of my all-time favorite movies, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. His opening song from that movie has been going through my head ever since.

Apparently a lot of blogs got attacked by monsters... but the account that was providing the monsters overran its bandwidth, so I never got to see my own Aquaman page overrun... bummer.

Jabberwocky in many languages.

From the DC Panel, a couple of items I liked: DiDio announced letter columns will return sporadically in DC books to much applause; to which Jim Lee announced a "four-issue lettercolum series in Summer 2005" to much laughter. I miss letter cols. And: Sub-Diego is the "new status quo" for Aquaman. Wayne denied Wizardworld had paid DC to sink San Diego (although Waid thought that was pretty hilarious.) I'm fine with that, as long as somewhere down the line somebody mentions Atlantis or at the very least, Tempest.

An advice columnist responds to a suggestion that women can pick up guys in comic shops. I wish somebody had mentioned that comic books are good for women, too...

I looking for frog him name is hopkin green frog. Click on the image to move through the lost frog pictures. This one is fun. via.

PVP, the fantastic webcomic, has made the jump to print. The Kansas City Star took Scott Kurtz up on his offer to run his strip for free. Scott believes that having the comic in a newspaper works as free advertising for his site. Read his archives for more on this, and don't miss his report of the horrors at Wizard World.

Ninth Art looks at copyright and Superboy.

Woman drops single sunflower seed, is fined $185. All the more reason to never ever go to Oklahoma. Via Hit & Run.

Yet another example of why election software must be open source. Talk about a major and stupid mistake!

And lastly, my deep gratitude to Elayne Riggs and Erin Schadt who have given me my first dose of Donation Inspiration for The Walk. Thank you Pen-Elayne and The Comic Queen. Training updates can be read on Gjoblaag.

Oh heck, one more image. Here's another statue from The Winchester Mystery House:


0 comments: