Monday, January 17, 2005

Rapid Reviews - 12 January 2005 - Part II

Bloodhound #7: "The Shotgun": Someone attempts to use mind control on Clev, but it doesn't work quite as planned. The bit about his past is gruesome. No wonder he was so upset when the memory was dredged up. It's not a surprise that this book is being cancelled, but it is a shame. At least we get three more issues. 4 starfish

Batman Strikes! #5: "Deadly Partner": The first appearance of Scarface in the comic. I'm not sure why we're still getting this, actually. It's just barely ok. 3 starfish

Marvel Age Fantastic Four #11: "Here is: The Impossible Man": Started out promising, then the alien got all nasty. I liked it when he simply didn't understand what was happening. Once the story progressed to him being intentionally mean, I didn't like it so much. But then, it wouldn't have made for much of a story if, when he realizes how powerful he is, he apologizes and leaves. Fun little issue. 3 1/2 starfish

Captain America & The Falcon #11: "I, M.O.D.O.K.": If it weren't for the "previously" page at the beginning of the book, there's no way I'd have any idea what's happening in this issue. As it is, I'm barely able to follow it. 3 starfish

The Ballad of Sleeping Beauty #6: This book always ends too soon. I want to sit down and read the entire series start to finish, right now. I hope there's a collection of this one, as I'm thinking it will definitely read better that way. Right now, I'm just waiting to see what happens next. 4 starfish

I wonder if comic books will be late this week? Diamond usually uses any excuse possible to make sure we don't get our comics on time, and a Monday holiday is their favorite excuse.

0 comments: