Monday, February 28, 2005

Rapid Reviews - 23 February 2005 - Part II

Battle Hymn #1: So any book that features an Aquaman/Namor homage in the first four pages is ok by me. This is a book set in the WWII era, and it evokes the period nicely. The art is great. The story is all setup, but it's promising setup. Despite my worries about getting this, I think I'm glad I did. 4 starfish

Powers v2 #9: The mystery deepens. I like the reaction of the suspect when he realizes who has the gem. All in all, another strong issue, and no, I didn't read the letter column. I didn't want to have to take another shower. 3 1/2 starfish

Amazing Spider-Man #76/517: "Skin Deep Part 3": Nice moral to this one. I particularly like the JJJ Fairy. Not the best issue, but I am looking forward to the final issue. 3 1/2 starfish

Spider-Man: India #4: I really like reinterpretations of superhero tales, that's why I'm an Elseworlds fan. This one was a nicely different look, with some unexpected changes from the original origin. I wouldn't mind seeing more of this version of Spider-Man. 3 1/2 starfish

0 comments: