Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Rapid Reviews - 16 March 2005 - Part I

Lions Tigers & Bears #2: Joey ends up in the Kingdom, where he's recruited to fight in an ongoing war against the beasties. I like the art, although at times it gets a little over cutesy. The pacing of the story is good, but Joey is still very difficult for me to identify with. But the cliff-hanger works, and shows that Joey isn't scared for no reason. A fun book, definitely aimed at the younger crowd. 3 starfish

Lullaby: Wisdom Seeker #1: We originally didn't intend to get this, but then we found out that Oz is involved, so we had to check it out. It's not bad at all. I'm not a huge fan of the artwork, it looks like it's trying to be manga and not succeeding. The twisted versions of fairy tale characters works, however, and I'm certainly interested in finding out what happens next. Not for everyone, though, and a familiarity with children's tales will help in figuring out the action. 2 1/2 starfish

Noble Causes #8: What's up with Liz?!? For that matter, look at poor Rusty! And the back-up story is goofy. If you've been getting this already, get this issue. If you haven't, go read the previous ones before reading this. It's a true "soap opera" comic. 3 starfish

Plastic Man #15: Why do we get this book? Oh yeah, hubby-Eric likes it. I'm not sure I should keep reading it. I'm just never impressed with it at all. 1 1/2 starfish

0 comments: