Friday, March 25, 2005

The Slashdot Effect

I'm afraid I'm responsible for inadvertantly slashdotting* Arcane Times, the web comic by Studio Foglio henchman Cheyenne Wright. I saw his latest strip, which featured "Will Wheaton" and wrote to Wil about it. The result was this post, and Arcane Times has been down ever since.

On the plus side, I got an e-mail from Wil thanking me for the link!

Update: Cheyenne knows he spelled Wil Wheaton's name wrong. Heh.

Update: Cheyenne mirrored the strip so everyone can see it. The "crime he didn't commit" was taking his girlfriend to the convention where she mentioned "Galactica '80".

*For anyone not in the know, "slashdotting" refers to the ability to overwhelm a server simply by posting a link to the site. In Keenspace's case, the server couldn't handle the load from WWDN.

0 comments: