Monday, May 16, 2005

More Random Thoughts

Check out Legomancer's Anti-Cancer image. And send some cash his way, too, if you can spare it. He's doing the Relay for Life.

Nancy Pearl is on the loose. I want that action figure. She's my hero.

Mystery man plays the piano.

TangognaT directs us to patterns for making knitted Marvins.

Cory Doctorow on eBook piracy. Again, getting new readers is a good thing. Way more on the subject here.

Speaking of eBooks, the BBC is offering Doctor Who Novels free on-line in HTML format.

Ike on abolishing Social Security. Originally spotted here. The full letter (linked from the Snopes article) is an interesting read.

Piracy is Good: How Battlestar Galactica Killed Broadcast TV. Key paragraph: While you might assume the SciFi Channel saw a significant drop-off in viewership as a result of this piracy, it appears to have had the reverse effect: the series is so good that the few tens of thousands of people who watched downloaded versions told their friends to tune in on January 14th, and see for themselves. From its premiere, Battlestar Galactica has been the most popular program ever to air on the SciFi Channel, and its audiences have only grown throughout the first series. Piracy made it possible for "word-of-mouth" to spread about Battlestar Galactica.

Do you live near a Brothel? Google Maps thinks you do. Take a look at all the Brothels in Seattle, including the Varsity Theatre, Metro Cinemas, and The Swedish American Chamber of Commerce. Um. Right.

The shop I work at used to carry these toys.

Blogpoly.

I think I want this Tetris Shelving. Don't know where I'd put it, but I want it. Maybe when I'm rich.

Hmmm, I got attacked by a golf ball on one of my recent training walks. I wonder if it had anything to do with these guys.

Polite Scott tackles fill-in issue Aquaman #30, and finds plenty wrong with it. Heck, I don't know much about medicine and I found it to be complete dreck medically.

0 comments: