Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Rapid Reviews - 27 April 2005 - Part II

New Avengers #5: "Breakout Part 5": Nice treatment of Wolvie in this one. I kind of wish I knew what was happening. Kind of. Maybe. Though much of me doesn't care. 2 1/2 starfish

Wonder Woman #215: "The Bronze Doors Part One": It's an interesting concept for a story. I can't bring myself to really like it, but it's not horrible. 2 starfish

The Flash #221: "Rogue War Chapter 2": The battle is heating up, and I find it very strange and interesting. It makes me wish that Aquaman had as interesting a group of bad guys. 2 1/2 starfish

Legion of Super-Heroes #5: This book is getting better and better as it goes along. I never understood the appeal of the Legion before, but I'm beginning to actually like it now. It almost makes me want to go back and read the original Legion stories... 3 starfish

Day of Vengeance #1: "One Last Drink At The End Of Time": I like the mention of the Atlantean Sorcery Schools. That will make continuity easier to clean up... someday. As for the rest of the story... well, I'm interested. I mean, the Spectre taking out DC's magic class is something to wonder about. I am curious if Tempest will ever show up, as he's quite a powerful magician. I doubt it, since everyone forgets about him, but then... Willingham remembered Atlantis' recent history, so there's hope. 3 starfish

0 comments: