Monday, May 23, 2005

Rapid Reviews - 4 May 2005

Seven Soldiers: Shining Knight #2: "Mood 7 Mind Destroyer": Again, is Justin male or female? I'm just not sure. In any case, this story is showing some potential. I'm curious, I guess. 3 starfish

Villains United #1: "And Empires In Their Purpose": This is a strange start. If I understand it right, all the villains are uniting, whether they want to or not. And it's very interesting which ones fall into the "not" category. I'm not sure I really like it, but I want to see where this goes. 2 1/2 starfish

Fallen Angel #20: "Sacred Cows": I never really understood why I was getting this book, nor was I really sure what was happening, in a universe-spanning way. Now that the book is done with the DCU, I doubt I'll be getting it if it revives elsewhere. It was always just ok, and at times brilliant, but that's not enough anymore. 2 1/2 starfish

Justice League Unlimited #9: "Caslte Perilous": Nice seeing Vixen get a starring role. The strength of this book lies in introducing tons of the lesser known characters from the DCU, and they've done it really well. This was a very good issue. 3 1/2 starfish

Shanna The She Devil #4: "The Killing Season Part Four": More dinosaurs, more expendable soldiers, more pretty Frank Cho drawings. Not much else to say. The plot is moving along at a glacial pace, but it gives Cho lots of opportunities to draw Shanna and dinosaurs. 2 1/2 starfish

0 comments: