Thursday, September 29, 2005

Guilty Pleasures

My latest Guilty Pleasure is watching Ghost Hunters on the Sci-Fi channel. The music and the camera work create a lot of the atmosphere on the show, enough so that I find myself giggling uncontrollably every once in awhile when they use a technique that is so blatant as to be silly. In particular are the cut-ins with outlines or negatives of people screaming during the asylum episode recently. If you were watching it alone deep in the night, it might be spooky. But in a well-lit house with a husband who isn't paying attention to the show, it was funny.

The reason I bring it up today though is because the next episode will be featuring the Winchester Mystery House. As my longtime reader will know, Eric and I visited the Mystery House last summer and took a bunch of pictures (more here). I really enjoyed my visit to the house and I'm eager to see if the ghost hunters find anything there. My bet is on them finding nothing, but that's a pretty safe bet because, as one of the Lead Investigators pointed out, 80% of the time there is nothing. If they do find anything, I'm really curious to see what it is. And I'm also certain that at least one person will get lost in the building. Our tour guide said that even experienced tour guides will sometimes get lost in it, so I don't think the TAPS guys have a chance.

0 comments: