Friday, September 09, 2005

Hero Clicks

So I went to pick up my new comics yesterday, and spotted the new DC Icon Heroclix. Ug. I couldn't resist. I started to pick up some boxes when one of the store regulars pointed to a box I was ignoring and said, "Aquaman is in that box." I looked at him, looked at the box, and picked it up. He added, "but only if you open it in here!"

I grinned and paid for my purchases, then took the box he'd pointed out and opened it. First up: A blue Scarecrow. Not bad, hubby-Eric can put it in the Oz collection, if nothing else. Second pull, blue Darkseid. Again, not bad. The third one wouldn't come out, so I shook the box a little and put my hand under the opening. A red Aquaman fell into it. I gaped. The rest of the store gaped. The regular who had directed me to the box said, "Yes, I still got it!" Heh. The last one out of the box was a yellow Cheetah. What's Aquaman doing hanging out with all those villains?

I got two other boxes. All three boxes had a Scarecrow in them. The other two boxes both had red Bizarro. I also got a blue Starfire, yellow Batman, red Robin, and a blue Joker. I also got a Maggie Sawyer bystander token (I want to get some more of the bystander tokens. Wasn't there a Ma Hunkel one? I need that one...). I was hoping for more Aquaman, but oh well.

0 comments: